Destiny 2 is a free-to-play first-person shooter game set in a solar system by infamous villains.
Players are Guardians and can choose from three different classes—Titan, Warlock, or Hunter.
The game offers both co-op and multiplayer modes like co-op missions, quests, patrols, and raid progression.
Engage in free-for-all skirmishes, team arenas, and PvE/PvP hybrid competitions.
With storytelling and customizable gear, players can experience the mysteries of the solar system.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the error code coconut in Destiny 2 for PC, Xbox, PS4, PS5, and more.
How to Fix Error Code Coconut in Destiny 2
To fix error code coconut in Destiny 2, you need to verify the game if you’re playing it on a PC.
If you’re playing the game on an Xbox or PlayStation, you can try clearing alternate MAC address or changing your DNS respectively.
Note: Before you attempt any fixes, check if Destiny 2 is down on Twitter/X and(if its down, you need to wait for the issue to be fixed on their end).
Fix 1: Verify your game files and clear download cache (PC)
- Steam: Open Steam > Library > right-click Destiny 2 > Properties > Installed Files > Verify integrity of game files.
- Steam: Open Steam > Steam (on the top navigation bar) > Settings > Downloads > Clear Download Cache > Clear Cache.
- Epic Games: Open Epic Games > Library > Destiny 2 > Three dots > Manage > Verify.
Fix 2: Clear persistent storage and MAC address (Xbox)
- Clear persistent storage: Settings > Device & connections > Blu-ray > Persistent storage > Clear persistent storage.
- Clear alternate MAC address: Settings > General > Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear > Restart.
Fix 3: Change your DNS (PS4/PS5)
- PlayStation’s settings menu > Network > Set Up Internet Connection.
- Select Wi-Fi or LAN, depending on your connection type.
- IP address setting: Custom.
- DHCP Host Name: Do Not Specify.
- DNS settings: Manual.
- Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124.
- Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199.
Tip: If the above DNS doesn’t work, try setting 188.8.131.52 as your Primary DNS and 184.108.40.206 as your Secondary DNS.
Update #1: As of 20 September 2023, the Destiny 2 servers are down and the engineers are working on a fix.