Is Instagram not showing your SD card photos when you open the app’s camera?
As a result, you won’t be able to share certain photos to your story or feed.
Many Android users are reporting this issue and iOS users are not affected.
The missing SD card photos are reportedly a bug that Instagram needs to fix.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix Instagram SD card photos not showing or missing on your Android device.
How to Fix Instagram SD Card Photos Not Showing
To fix Instagram SD card photos not showing, you can try downloading an older version of Insatgram.
You can also try moving photos from your SD card to internal storage or sharing the photo from your gallery.
Fix 1: Download an older version of Instagram
- Delete the Instagram app from your device.
- Go to https://instagram.en.uptodown.com/android.
- Select “Older versions” and install an older version of Instagram (e.g. a version from a month ago).
- Open Instagram, log in to your account, and check if you can see your SD card photos.
Fix 2: Move photos from SD card to internal storage
- Open the File Manager app on your Android device.
- Tap on the folder icon on the top navigation bar.
- Tap on the dropdown box above and select “SD card”.
- Select the folder that contains your photos.
- Select the photos that you want to share on Instagram.
- Tap on “Move” on the bottom navigation bar.
- Select “Internal shared storage” and tap on “Paste”.
- Open Instagram and check if you can see your SD card photos.
Fix 3: Share the photo from your gallery
- Open the Gallery app on your Android device.
- Navigate to the photo that you want to share.
- Tap on the share icon on the photo.
- Select the Instagram Story, Feed, or Reels option.
- Share the photo on Instagram!