Starfield is a space role-playing game by the award-winning creators of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
You can create any character and go on a journey to answer humanity’s greatest mystery.
Customize your character’s appearance, decide their background, and select their traits.
Join Constellation, the last group of space explorers finding artifacts throughout the galaxy.
Explore more than one thousand planets, navigate cities, and traverse wild landscapes.
You can also pilot and command the ship of your dreams, personalize the look of it, and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix the ship missing or disappeared bug in Starfield on PC, Xbox, or PS4/PS5.
How to Fix Ship Missing or Disappeared in Starfield
Here is a list of known fixes from the Starfield community:
- Fix 1: Emptying your ship’s cargo will allow you to use the ship builder without the ship disappearing (source: ContributionNarrow94 on Reddit).
- Fix 2: Set your home ship to any other ship and go to the shop modify your glitchy ship. After you’ve have finished modifying, set the glitchy ship to your home ship without it disappearing. Make sure your ship is landed and not docked to a station (source: Brave-Tumbleweed-240 on Reddit).
- Fix 3: Taking a weapon off in the ship builder made it reappear (source: disturbed1117 on Reddit).
- Fix 4: Go to the Ship Technician and change something to your ship like replacing a piece or switch anything to the other side and you’ll see your ship (source: No_Implement3525 on Reddit).
- Fix 5: Walk away a distance, go into scan mode, look for your ship’s symbol, and fast travel to it (source: Substantial-Quarter4 on Reddit).
- Fix 6: You can save, reload game, and it will be there (source: Nex on Steam).