Are you getting a “Sorry, you have been blocked” error on Discord?
Here’s the second part of the error, “You are unable to access discord.com”.
Followed by the Ray ID like, “[Ray ID:80e356efdcc1c4f1]”.
The error message typically happens because Discord is down/having an outage.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” on Discord (you are unable to access discord.com).
Why am I blocked from using Discord?
You’re blocked from using Discord because the system detected suspicious activity in your account.
Otherwise, Discord is down/having an outage and you need to wait for the servers to be back up.
You can check if Discord is down on Twitter or on downdetector.com/status/discord.
You can also be blocked because you’re using a VPN or a proxy server.
In other cases, a VPN, proxy server, firewall, or antivirus might prevent you from accessing Discord.
How to fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” on Discord
To fix “Sorry, you have been blocked” on Discord, you need to disconnect your VPN or proxy.
You can also try removing your Chrome extensions or contacting Discord support for help.
If Discord is down, you need to wait for a few minutes or hours for the servers to be back up.
Fix 1: Disconnect your VPN / Proxy
- If you have a home or work VPN, you need to disconnect from it to access Discord.
- If you’re connected to a proxy server, you need to disconnect from it as well.
Fix 2: Remove your Chrome extensions
- On Chrome, click on the puzzle icon.
- Select “Manage extensions”.
- Remove or disable any unwanted, suspicious, and VPN/Proxy extensions.
Fix 3: Other troubleshooting methods
- Open an incognito browser and access Discord.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Temporarily disable your Firewall or Antivirus program.
Fix 4: Contact Discord support
- Visit https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Select “Help & Support”.
- Enter your email address and select the type of question.
- Enter the subject and description.
- Submit the request and wait for Discord’s response.