TFT (Teamfight Tactics) is an auto-chess game developed by Riot Games.
You can deploy characters from League of Legends and battle for survival.
The game features unique characters, traits, items, augments, skins, and more.
Build your team of demons, shapeshifters, Assassins, and more.
Editor’s note: I was ranked Challenger in set 1 of TFT and peaked top 15 in the SEA region (so you can trust this article).
In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix “These players do not have the same game version as the party owner” in TFT.
How to Fix “These players do not have the same game version” in TFT
To fix “These players do not have the same game version” in TFT, you need to play on mobile first, then switch to PC when the game starts.
You also need to update TFT to the latest version on the App Store/Google Play Store or wait for the new patch to arrive.
Fix 1: Play on mobile then switch to PC
- Let’s say that you want to play TFT on a PC and your friend wants to play on mobile.
- If you don’t have TFT on mobile, you need to download it on the App Store/Google Play Store first.
- Open the TFT app, log in, invite your friend (who is on mobile as well) to a match, and play.
- Once a match is found, close the TFT app, and open TFT on your PC.
- When you open TFT on your PC, you’ll be automatically connected to the match!
Editor’s note: I tried this method to bypass the game version glitch and it works perfectly.
Fix 2: Update TFT to the latest version
- To play TFT with your friend, both of you need to have the same game version.
- The TFT mobile app is sometimes one patch behind TFT on PC due to a bug/glitch.
- If you are playing on a mobile device, open the App Store/Google Play Store.
- Search for “TFT” and tap on “Update” to update the app.
- After updating the TFT app, open it, invite your friend to a match, and play.
Fix 3: Wait for the TFT patch on mobile
- In some cases, the TFT mobile app is one patch behind the PC version of TFT.
- This is because the latest patch typically arrives on the PC version of TFT first.
- If you’re playing TFT on mobile, you might need to wait for up to 24 hours for the latest patch to arrive.
- In the meantime, you can try to force exit and reopen the TFT app on your mobile device in intervals.
- When you reopen the TFT app, you might get a pop-up message saying that a new patch is available.
- If a new patch is available, tap on “Update” to update the app (otherwise, keep waiting).
- After updating the TFT app, you should be able to play the game with your friend who is on a PC.
Editor’s note: In my experience, the latest patch appeared on the TFT app a few hours after it appeared on the PC version of TFT.