Telegram may not be as popular as other instant messaging apps, but it still offers all the necessary features. On Telegram, you can participate in text messaging, make voice & video calls, create & join channels, share files, and what’s not.
If you use Telegram for text messaging, you may know the importance of organizing chats. Users may even want to hide specific Telegram chats for some reason. Whatever the reason, the question is, does Telegram allow hiding chats?
There’s no specific option on the Telegram mobile or desktop app to hide individual or group chats, but you can put chats in the Archive folder. Basically, the archive chat feature of Telegram allows you to hide an individual or group chat from your main chat screen.
So, basically, this won’t hide your chat but will move the chat to the Archive folder. Anyone accessing your Telegram app can check the Archive folder to view your hidden chats.
How to Hide a Telegram Chat on iPhone & Android
So, the archiving chat feature isn’t a foolproof way to hide chat; it’s still the best option to remove private chats from the front view and to organize your chat lists better.
How to Hide Telegram Chat on iPhone?
If you use the Telegram app for Android or iPhone, you must follow these simple steps to hide a specific Telegram chat. Here’s what you need to do.
1. To get started, open the Telegram app on your iPhone.
2. Now, tap on the Edit button at the top left corner.
3. Now select the Conversation that you want to hide.
4. At the bottom, tap Archive.
5. The chat will be moved to the Archived Chats folder. You can hide the Archived Chats folder by long pressing on it and selecting the Hide from Chat list option.
That’s it! The chat will automatically disappear from your chat list.
How to Hide Telegram Chat on Android?
Well, the steps to hide Telegram chat is bit different on Android. If you are an Android user, you must follow these steps to hide a Telegram chat on Android.
1. Open the Telegram app on your Android device.
2. Now, find the chat that you want to hide.
3. Long press on the Chat that you want to hide.
4. On the top right corner, tap on the Archive icon.
5. The chat will be hidden immediately. You will find an Archived Chats folder at the top of the chat list.
6. Simply tap on the Archived Chats folder to find your hidden chats.
That’s it! This is how you can hide a Telegram chat on Android.
How to Unhide a Telegram Chat?
Now that you know how to hide a specific Telegram chat, you may also plan to unhide chats. Here’s how you can unhide chats on the Telegram app.
1. Open the Telegram app on your Android or iPhone.
2. On the top of the screen, tap on the Archived Chats.
3. Now press & hold the chat you want to unhide.
4. Once the chat is selected, tap on the three dots at the top right corner and select Unarchive.
5. On iPhone, you need to swipe left the conversation to unarchive the chat.
That’s it! This is how you can unhide a hidden chat on the Telegram app for Android or iPhone.
So, this guide is all about hiding or unhiding chats on Telegram. Let us know if you need more help hiding Telegram chats on Android or iPhone. Also, if you find this guide helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.